We receive a lot of questions about PSX circuit breakers and PSX-AR circuit breaker auto reversers. The following diagram shows an oval loop with a reverse crossover.
Important Rules of Thumb for Reverse Sections
- The reverse section located between gaps 2 & 3 must be longer than your longest train.
- Each PSX and PSX-AR board must take power directly from the DCC booster.
- Note: each PSX on the DCC Power J1 input terminal allows you to daisy chain to the next PSX
- Make sure the isolating track gaps are offset by a 0.25 inches
- If a locomotive hesitates at the gaps, program the PSX controlling the track adjacent to the PSX-AR zone. In the above picture, PSX B controls the zone adjacent to the reversing zone
- cv55=1 initiating a 3ms delay.
- Test to see if the locomotive functions across the gaps.
- If locomotive still hesitates, set cv65=160 [20ms delay]
- If there is still a problem contact us email@example.com or 800.978.3472