In our continuing efforts to improve your DCC operations we are introducing the USXX Ultrasonic System for rolling stock wheel cleaning. This great idea was brought to us by Don Heyder, who purchased our CMX track cleaning system.
The CMX solved Don’s track cleaning problem but he still had to deal with hundreds of wheel sets to clean, a laborious task. It occurred to Don that an ultrasonic cleaner might work so he got one, tried it, and conveyed the very favorable results to us. We performed further testing and agreed that Don had a great idea that would benefit many Model Railroaders and simplify the arduous task of wheel cleaning.
Here are the benefits of USXX technology
- The cleaning solution is water soluable and is compatible with all types of wheel materials
- Complete truck assemblies may be cleaned saving the labor of removing the wheel sets from the trucks.
- Hundreds of wheels are cleaned at a time
- The batch cleaning time is about 15 min.
- In most cases the need for scrapping the contamination build up from the wheels is eliminated.
- The USXX can also be used to clean other items and is a good prep before painting
- Your wife can use it to clean her jewelry
- Finally, we offer our “money back guarantee” so you can try USXX without risk!
The USXX System and instructions are available now.
1. Position the unit so that the “ON” red indicator light is easy to see. It is also helpful to place the unit somewhat close to a sink or water supply and close to an electrical outlet.
2. Fill the unit tank with warm tap water up to and cover the bead lines on the inner tank surface. The volume of water used is six ounces. DO NOT OPERATE THE ULTRASONIC UNIT WITHOUT WATER OR CLEANING SOLUTION IN THE TANK! DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF ACID !
3. Plug the unit line plug into a standard electrical outlet.
4. Add one measuring scoop full (1 / 4 teaspoon) of Cleaning Powder to the water in the tank. A second measure may be added to the water if the debris on the object to be cleaned seems especially heavy or hard to clean.
5. Turn on/off the unit by using the line switch. The non-abrasive and no-foaming cleaning action begins within a few seconds. The solution must be free of all air (degassed) before full ultrasonic cleaning efficiency begins. The “ON” red indicator light is illuminated and a slight “shimmering” ripple harmonic wave pattern may be visible on the surface of the solution in the tank. You will hear a low-frequency “buzz” indicating that the unit is on.
6. Place the item or objects to be cleaned into the solution in the ultrasonic tank. Depending upon the type of debris and the degree of accumulation of debris, cleaning times may vary from several seconds to one-half hour.
7. When cleaning is complete, turn the unit off using the line switch.
8. Remove the cleaned item or objects from the solution in the ultrasonic tank. RINSE WELL IN TAP WATER. Dry the item thoroughly.