Shipping & Returns
- You have 30 days, from date of purchase, to return or exchange an item(s).
- Returned items may be subject to a 15% restocking / service fee.
- Order cancellation requests must be submitted, via e-mail or by phone, within 24 hours of the order being placed.
- Defective Digital Command Control (DCC) products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement.
- Only manufacturer’s warranties apply.
- New locomotive warranty issues will be handled exclusively through the manufacturer.
- Any item(s) purchased more than 30 days past the original date of purchase must be returned to the manufacturer.
- All returns and exchanges must receive the approval of Tony’s Train Exchange before they will be accepted. Tony’s Train Exchange will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to you. To obtain an RMA number, please call 1-800-978-3472 or create a ticket on our support site tonystrains.com/contact/
- Tony’s Train Exchange will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. Alternatively, you may request a store credit which will automatically be applied to your next online order.
- Tony’s Train Exchange/Tonystrains.com reserves the right to deny any customer store credit at our sole discretion, as well as, issuing a store credit versus a credit card refund.
- Any items returned that have not received an approved RMA number will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
- All products returned must have documentation attached explaining the reason for return / exchange.
- The returned item(s) must also include the original box and packing materials and have the RMA number written on the outside of the shipping box.
- All items being returned for exchange and / or refund MUST be returned in the same new condition which they were shipped to the customer including the manufacturers packaging and all included instructions, manuals, etc.
- Any item(s) that have been modified in any way, such as, but not limited to, changes in appearance, (weathering, decals, painting), additional, removed or replaced parts, will not be accepted and neither credits nor exchanges will be given.
- All items returned for credit or exchange will be verified by a Customer Service Representative before a credit, store credit or exchange is processed.
- Do not ship returns / exchanges in the manufacturer’s box alone. Please ship all returns / exchanges in a shipping box / carton. Replacements, exchanges and/or credits will be shipped / processed once we receive the returned item(s).
If any of the above procedures are not followed, the returned item(s) may be assessed a 15% restocking / service fee.
For any item(s) damaged during shipping, please notify Tony’s Train Exchange. We will provide further instructions. Please retain the damaged shipping box and all contents for the Claims Agent unless otherwise instructed by Tony’s Train Exchange.
Claims for damages will be handled by the Shipping Department Manager. Upon submission, processing and receiving the reimbursement for the claim, we will reimburse you for the damaged product(s).
United States Customers:
Your return / exchange may qualify for Tony’s Train Exchange/ Tonystrains.com to pay for return ground postage. This will be determined on a case by case basis. If your return / exchange does qualify, you will receive a return mailing label from UPS via e-mail with instructions. Please drop the package off at your nearest UPS location. Customers who have daily UPS pickup at their workplace can also give the package to their UPS driver. Accommodations will be made for customers that do not have email.
International customers should use the most economical mail service available in their country. Tony’s Train Exchange/ Tonystrains.com will not reimburse return shipping costs for customers who return items using express or next-day shipping options.