The following tests the functionality of your PSX-AR. If you are using the PSX-AR unit on a Digitrax system, make sure you have the the Special Digitrax Configuration Enabled by jumping J7-3 to J7-4.
- Remove the PSX-AR from the layout and connect it directly to the booster.
- Turn on the booster. The PSX should turn on with both D12 and D7 indicating power and D6 off.
- Take a piece of wire and connect J1-1 to J2-3. Nothing should change.
- Connect J1-1 to J2-4. The PSX should reverse and D6 should be slowly flashing with D12 and D7 indicating power.
- Connect J1-1 to J2-3. The PSX should “unreverse”. D6 should stopflashing, but D12 and D7 should remain on.
- Repeat this test except connect J1-2 to J2-4. D12 and D7 should remain on, and D6 should be off.
- Connect J1-2 to J2-3. The PSX should reverse. D12 and D7 are on, with D6 slowly flashing.
- Now connect J1-2 to J2-4. The PSX should again “unreverse” leaving D12 and D7 on and D6 off.
If the PSX performs this test as described, then it is working correctly.