The GenSet sound, along with the recently announced Gas Turbine Electric (GTEL) sounds will be added to all Baldwin and Other Diesel Tsunami2 decoders. Delivery is planned for late September 2017. Please note in the cart your desire for either the GTEL Turbine or GenSet.
Our current Baldwin and Other Diesel decoders do not have these sounds. All updated decoders will be clearly marked with a brightly colored sticker on the packaging.
SoundTraxx Tsunami2, 885008 TSU-2200 Amp Sound Decoder For Baldwin & Other Diesel
The TSU-2200 is a 2-Amp, 6-Function Universal Style sound decoder measuring 35 x 18 x 6mm (same footprint as the ECO-200). This decoder is equipped with a 2-pin connector for the Current Keeper (P.N. 810140) and the standard 9-pin flat JST connector for use with our 9-pin to NMRA 8-pin adapter harness (P.N. 810135) or many of the quick-plug harnesses found in popular models, such as Athearn’s Ready-to-Roll product line. And yes, your TSU-1000 decoders can simply unplug from the power harness and you can plug in the new TSU-2200, making installation of the TSU-2200 a snap!
Tsunami2 diesel sound decoders are full of new features including over 50 sound effects including engine startup and shutdown, engine prime mover through all eight notches, Straight-to-8, HEP mode, 13 bells, over 40 airhorns, 4 air compressors, dynamic brakes, radiator fans, brake squeal, and more!
- Each diesel version (EMD, GE, etc.) contains up to 9 manufacturer specific prime movers (Turbo, Non-turbo, etc.)
- First ever Diesel Dynamic Digital Exhaust (DDE) for a more authentic operating experience
- Startup, shutdown and exhaust through 8 notches
- Automatic or manual notching
- Functioning dynamic brake with variable load sound and adjustable braking rate
- Over 40 air horns
- Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
- First ever Fireman Ed is ready to work on the locomotive, with general service, cab sounds and more!
- Clickety-clack, fueling, and authentic cab chatter add realism
- Prototypically correct HEP modes and steam heat for authentic passenger train operations
The Tsunami2 is an all-new premium flagship decoder from SoundTraxx, packed with many new features and sound effects to help enhance the realism and fun with both sound and operation. Tsunami2 leads the industry in processing power with a 32-bit processor that provides the necessary horsepower to support 28 functions, 16 polyphonic sound channels, tons of sound and lighting effects, and advanced motor control.
Tsunami2 Digital Sound Decoders integrate a full-featured sound system, Hyperlight™ lighting effects, Hyperdrive2™ advanced motor control, and a DCC decoder into a single package. Tsunami2 Digital Sound Decoders offer over 50 individual sounds, and over 20 lighting effects in each model!
We have added a host of new recordings including: whistles, horns, bells, compressors – and remastered favorites from years past. These new recordings provide nearly limitless choices for your customer! Multiple prototypes in every model means no time spent on a computer downloading files or purchasing special programs. In addition, more powerful audio output, two volume mixers, and our ever-popular Equalizer make the digitized recordings of real engines loud, clear and ultra-flexible.