GE U28C Burlington Northern 5656 Diesel Locomotive with ESU Loksound DCC
The GE U28C was the company’s second six-axle model it produced and was virtually identical to its predecessor, the U25C, except for a slight increase in horsepower.
The GE U28C began production directly after the U25C in December, 1965. It was the same length and weight and featured the tri-mount truck standard on many early GE C-C models except for the slight increase in power to 2,800 horsepower using GE’s 4-cycle model FDL16 prime mover. All the common attributes of early GE diesel locomotives were present in the U28C such as a standard/plain carbody design, short low nose and relatively good reliability. Its tractive effort was slightly higher than the earlier U25C with 92,500 pounds of starting effort and about 79,500 pound continuous.
- Heavy metal die-cast chassis
- 5 pole can motor with flywheels
- NMRA RP-25 wheel profile
- Knuckle couplers
- Authentic roadnames, lettering and road numbers
- Road Specific Detailing and Lighting Configurations
- Locomotives will come with road specific detailing and lighting configurations
- Separately applied detail parts: horns, bell, handrails, grab irons and snowplows (if appropriate)
- ESU LokSound DCC/Sound equipped versions
Licensed by and developed with the cooperation of General Electric.