*PLEASE NOTE: We are now taking pre-orders for this fantastic new steam locomotive coming from Rapido. They are expected to ship beginning in early 2017.
The first release being offered in Rapido’s new “Icons of Canadian Steam” series is the Canadian Pacific Royal Hudson, possibly the most famous Canadian steam locomotive of them all. Rapido’s HO model of the iconic Royal Hudson will be the first steam locomotive model to incorporate the same attention to detail for which they have become renowned in their previous releases.
CLICK HERE to read about the history and view statistics of this impressive locomotive.
- Designed from blueprints and field measurements
- Factory-applied details specific for each road number
- Three stack styles – streamlined, straight or bathtub
- One stack installed but both others included in the box for modelling specific years
- Additional optional parts included in the box
- Smooth-running drive with strong pulling power
- Heavy die-cast weight centered above drivers
- Blackened metal wheels and driving rods
- Correct tenders for either coal, oil, or oil-fired conversions
- Correct tender trucks (Commonwealth or Buckeye)
- Working head, marker, classification and back up lights*
- Interior cab light, flickering firebox light*
- DCC sound version includes synchronized chuff, accurate whistle, bell air, pump, generator, safety valves and many other effects!**
- Accurate and complete piping, underbody and tender details
- Accurate paint and decoration
- Beaver logo printed on the cab side with “Spans the World” decal included in the box
- Unnumbered locomotives include all possible number decals
- 18” Minimum radius (22″ recommended)
* Not all lighting effects available on Silent versions.
** User-controlled sound features only accessible on DCC layouts.