Pre-orders Due By September 26, 2016
HO ‘Prime Movers’ Dash 8-40CM ‘Draper Taper’, w ESU Loksound DCC
Canadian National, Stripes #2406
Rapido Item: #400501
Rapido Trains Inc. is pleased to reveal its first modern diesel locomotive, the General Electric Dash 8-40M. Powered by a GE V16 FDL 4000-horsepower prime mover, the main features of this distinctive design are the four-window North American cab, the cowl-style body and the famous ‘Draper Taper’ cutout behind the cabs. These great-looking locomotives always turn railfan heads in trains!
Many of the extra details are included in the box. If you want to super detail your model, you can go to town and the little bag of bits included with the model will give you a head start. If you want to take it out of the box and just let it run, all the power to you!
The Prime Movers by Rapido Dash 8-40CM incorporates the following features:
- ESU LokSound 4-function dual mode (DC/DCC) decoder
- Several road numbers per paint scheme
- Door and walkway handrails installed
- Grab irons, sun shades, windshield wipers included in the box
- Drill starter holes included for most grab irons
- Working front headlights, rear headlights and number boards
- Scaled from original blueprints – it’s the correct length!
- Accurate Dofasco trucks
- With or without battery boxes and bells, according to prototype
- Same smooth motor and drive system as our regular models
- Several road numbers and unnumbered with decals
- Metal Macdonald-Cartier couplers at the correct height
- 18″ minimum radius