Rapido 31035, HO ALCo RS-11, Standard DC, Penn Central ex-NH #7667
Pre-Order- See Mfg. Website for ETA
Rapido 31035, HO ALCo RS-11, Standard DC, Penn Central #7667
- Correct hood and roof profiles 3D scanned from the prototype
- Operating number boards, headlights and green and white class lights and cab control stand lighting
- Rapido’s innovative dead straight metal side handrails with plastic stanchions
- Roadname-specific details including steps, lights, equipment boxes, handrails, fuel tanks, air intake louvers and more!
- Full underbody piping, conduits and steam lines, where appropriate
- Correct roadname-specific corner steps
- Separate grab irons and wire handrails installed at the factory
- Heavy, die-cast chassis and full, multi-colour/color interior
- Rapido’s proven 5-pole skew-wound motor with dual flywheels and silky-smooth drive
- DC/Silent (21-pin DCC Ready) or DC/DCC/Sound (ESU LokSound)
- Accurate sounds recorded from a real Alco 251B prime mover
- Factory-installed Macdonald-Cartier couplers mounted at the correct height
The RS-11 could be set up for either freight or passenger service, with passenger units having a steam generator fitted into the short hood and a larger fuel/water tank beneath the frames. RS-11 units could be designated for either long hood or short hood forward operation. Some units, like the N&W’s, were provided with dual control stands and could be operated with either end forward.
Over the course of RS-11 production there were many noticeable changes made to the design. These included variations in carbody filter quantities and sizes, fuel tank designs, cab window size and placement and many other small details.
Rapido’s Alco road switcher is the first truly accurate plastic model of the RS-11 in its many variations. Our first releases included a mind boggling selection of different road-specific details including the PRR induction Trainphone antennas, N&W battery boxes and “built out” filters, SP lighting packages and New Haven whistles & cab signal boxes. Additionally, many optional parts are included with the model which the user can install to replicate changes in the units over time.
The Rapido RS-11 is available in 13 different paint schemes covering delivery schemes and later repaints, with five different undecorated versions being listed for those that wish to build their own.
Click Here for Rapido's Expected Delivery Date
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||225.00|
Write Your Own Review
Our experts are here to help!Call Us