Rapido 16145 HO Absolute RDC-3 Phase lb Standard DC, NYC Early #M498
Very low quantities available through our vendors. Order now while they last!
Normally Available Within 10 Days if Out of Stock
Rapido HO Absolute RDC-3 Phase lb, Standard DC
New York Central (Early) #M498
Rapido Item: #16145
Absolute RDC Features:
- Designed from 3D scans of the real RDCs (Phase 1 and Phase 2)
- Accurate Phase 1 and Phase 2 details and fluting
- Correct Phase 1b, Phase 1c and Phase 2 roof blisters
- Numerous American and Canadian paint schemes
- Rapido’s acclaimed “stainless steel” finish
- Full interior detail with constant lighting and no motor visible through the windows
- Two five-pole, skew-wound motors hidden in the actual engine bays
- Crazy amount of underbody detail
- Separate underframe piping and conduit
- Lit number boards and class lights
- Working nose door Gyralite and ditch lights where appropriate
- Fabricated or cast truck sideframes, as appropriate
- Minimum Radius 18″
- All wheels powered
- Separate grab irons and front door chains
- Etched-metal roof grills and fan covers
- Wrap-around nose fluting, if appropriate
- Separate diaphragms, if appropriate
- Loads of roadname-specific details
- DC Silent or DC/DCC/Sound
- Models will have either Detroit or Cummins engine sounds as appropriate.
- Models will have standard bell or E-bell as appropriate.
- Rapido RDC Underframe with CRAZY underbody detail – a Rapido hallmark.
Budd offered its RDC in five major variations. The RDC-1 contained coach seating only. The RDC-2 was a combination coach-baggage. The RDC-3 was a combination baggage-mail-coach. The RDC-9 was a trailing coach unit with no cab and only one motor. And the RDC-4 was a shorty RPO/baggage only.
Rapido's second run includes many completely new RDC paint schemes and versions, including Alaska RR, Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe’s unique rebuilt RDC pair, BC Rail blue, Chesapeake & Ohio, Chicago & North Western, Great Northern, Lehigh Valley, New York Central (early scheme), Northern Pacific, Reading, Rock Island, VIA Rail Canada (blue stripe) and Western Pacific (Zephyrette). It also includes RDC-2s and RDC-3s to match our first-run RDCs owned by Boston & Maine, Long Island Railroad, New Haven and Reading.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||225.00|
Write Your Own Review
Our experts are here to help!Call Us