*PLEASE NOTE: The pre-order deadline for the Absolute RDC has been extended through April, 2016. Get your order in now, as we cannot guarantee availability from Rapido for orders placed after the deadline. You will NOT be charged for this locomotive until it has come in and we are ready to ship it to you. These locomotives are expected to ship beginning in late Summer of 2016.
Rapido Item: #16035 HO Absolute RDC, DC, Amtrak #19
Budd offered its RDC in five major variations. The RDC-1 contained coach seating only. The RDC-2 was a combination coach-baggage. The RDC-3 was a combination baggage-mail-coach. The RDC-9 was a trailing coach unit with no cab and only one motor. And the RDC-4 was a shorty RPO/baggage only.
Absolute RDC Details:
- Accurate Phase 1 and Phase 2 details and fluting
- Correct Phase 1b, Phase 1c and Phase 2 roof blisters
- Numerous American and Canadian paint schemes
- Rapido’s acclaimed “stainless steel” finish
- Full interior detail with constant lighting
- Two five-pole, skew-wound motors hidden in the actual engine bays
- Crazy amount of underbody detail
- Separate underframe piping and conduit
- Lit number boards and class lights
- Optional working front door Mars light, if appropriate
- Fabricated or cast truck sideframes, as appropriate
- All wheels powered
- Separate grab irons and front door chains
- Etched-metal roof grills and fan covers
- Wrap-around nose fluting, if appropriate
- Separate diaphragms, if appropriate
- Loads of roadname-specific details
- Rapido RDC Underframe with CRAZY underbody detail – a Rapido hallmark.