MRC’S N Scale Drop-In Diesel Sound Decoder for Kato F3
Item Number: 0001957
MRC continues its exclusive breakthrough in N-Scale sound: the F3 Dual-Mode (DCC & DC), Diesel Sound Decoder for Kato’s F3 & similar chassis Locomotives.
Following MRC’s latest N-Scale Dual Mode Sound Decoders: the 0001644 (for Kato’s SD70MAC/AC4400 locos) & 0001645 (for Kato’s P-42 Genesis/EMD-E8/EMD E-9 loco’s), MRC has created another miracle of N-Scale decoder engineering: The snap-in F3 Dual Mode Sound Decoder.
With no connectors, no wiring, no machining, no “dremeling”… it’s an easy decoder installation! Remove the loco body, unclip the factory circuit board, drop in the new decoder, insert the clip and put the body back on.
MRC’s Brilliance™ sound, miniaturized to a single snap-in decoder with board-mounted super-fidelity speaker, is virtually “plug ‘n play.” Just imagine… the diesel engine sound, plus all 28 NMRA available functions, and your choices of multiple bells & numerous horns and more, give life to your Kato DCC N-Scale locos.
We haven’t forgotten power pack users! Just like our other N-Scale sound decoders for Kato locomotives, MRC’s latest Kato F3 decoder is a dual-mode decoder so DC railroaders can get brilliantly synchronized diesel rumble sounds on their layout as well.
- Synchronized diesel prime mover with random associated locomotive sounds
- 1.5 amp capacity
- Programmable for either 2-digit (1-127) or 4-digit (1-9999) addresses
- Programmable start voltage and top voltage
- Programmable acceleration and deceleration rate
- Programmable 14, 28/ 128 speed steps
- Directional lighting, (FO). Sunny White LED included
- Programmable user selectable different horns and bells
- 28 accessory functions (F1-F28)
- Supports full read back of CV’s
- Supports advanced consisting (CV19)
- Supports programming on the main (OPS mode)
- Compatible with NMRA DCC standards
- Complies with part 15 of FCC regulations
- Programmable individual sound volumes
- 13mm speaker included