OD-1-IR Optical Detector Infrared Version Features:
Two optical detection methods available:
- The OD-1 utilizes a photocell (included) between the rails for detection. Whenever the photocell is covered the OD-1 will activate its red outputs. Whenever the photocell is uncovered the OD-1 will activate its green output. Use this version if you have consistent overhead lighting (i.e. you don’t have “night time” on your layout!).
- The OD-1-IR utilizes an infrared emitter and detector (included) between the rails for detection. When the IR beam is reflected by the train the OD-1-IR will activate its red outputs. When the beam is not reflected the OD-1-IR will activate its green output. Use this version under any layout lighting condition.
- 2 or 4 second detector release time (selectable)
- The OD-1/OD-1-IR has one red output and one green output for driving LEDs in a variety of wiring schemes (2-lead bipolar LED, 3-lead bipolar LED, individual red and green LEDs) and a separate red output for driving higher power devices such as lamps, relays or other external circuits
- Includes a bipolar (red/green) LED and appropriate current-limiting resistors
- The LED outputs are rated at 25mA
- The higher power output is rated at 150mA
- The OD-1 can be powered from 7-16V AC or DC; the OD-1 draws about 30mA with the included LED
- The OD-1-IR can be powered from 7-9V AC or 9-12V DC (such as our WT1A together with our 12VPSR); the OD-1-IR draws about 100mA with the included LED
- Solid State Design (1 year limited warranty)