BA-2-IR Block Animator Features:
- BA-2/BA-2-IR for controlling searchlight signals constructed with a single 2-lead or 3-lead bipolar LED (e.g. Tomar) OR constructed with three individual Green, Yellow and Red LEDs wired with a common anode (positive) behind a single “lens” such as those from BLMA (#4001, 4050, 4051) and NJ International (#2343)
- “TrueLens2” for all signals and selectable yellow hue for bipolar LED signals; TrueLens2 duplicates the prototype signal behavior of having the signal BRIEFLY show red when it transitions from Approach (yellow) to Clear (green). Click here to see a video.
- Current limiting resistors included
- Signal aspects sequenced prototypically based on direction of travel
- Yellow delay (i.e. when train leaves the “next block”) is selectable (10 or 30 seconds)
- Approach Lighting capable (signal is dark until train approaches!)
- Correct aspects will be shown even if a train covers a sensor and then backs up, or if a train stops between sensors.
- Requires no modification to track wiring or rolling stock
- Each sensor has its own sensitivity adjustment and the Block Animator provides a setup mode for making the adjustment process easier
- Photocell versions powered from AC or DC – draws about 60mA!
- Infrared versions (-IR) powered from 7-9V AC or 9-12V DC (such as our WT1A together with our 12VPSR); draws about 360mA (or more when used with bulb-type signals)
- Solid State Design (1 year limited warranty)