*These are extremely rare; the very last of the HO Scale 4-6-6-4 Challengers produced by Lionel. This was Lionel’s last product created in HO Scale. They are brand new, never run, in their original box. Tony’s has also replaced the original QSI chips with Q1a v.7 upgrade chips too. These Challengers are incredibly well done models, matching or surpassing every other manufacturer’s challengers in both detail and smooth operation… truly the pinnacle of HO modeling from Lionel!
CLICK HERE to watch a video review of this awesome locomotive.
The Lionel HO Scale Union Pacific 4-6-6-4 Challenger steam locomotive features a die-cast metal boiler, frame, tender body and tender frame, a built-in DCC decoder with QSI Quantum Sound, five-pole can motor with two momentum flywheels, directionaly lighting, illuminated number boards, a brass bell, whistle and pop-off valves and firebox glow. The Quanutm Sound features dual speakers, synchronized engine chuff, whistle and bell, squealing brakes, blower hiss, safety valve pop-off, water injector, coupler crash and Doppler effect. It operates on codes 70, 83 and 100 rail with a minimum curve radius of 18″.
- Die-cast metal boiler, frame, tender body and tender frame
- Built-in DCC decoder with QSI Quantum Sound
- Five-pole can motor with two momentum flywheels
- Directional lighting
- Illuminated number boards
- A brass bell, whistle and pop-off valves
- Firebox glow
- It operates on codes 70, 83 and 100 rail with a minimum curve radius of 18″
- Dual speakers
- Synchronized engine chuff
- Whistle and bell
- Squealing brakes
- Blower hiss and safety valve pop-off
- Water injector
- Coupler crash
- Doppler effect