Kato N Scale Operation North Pole (ONP) 2016 Christmas Train Set
Kato Item #: 106-2016
Operation North Pole (ONP) is a volunteer-based public charity. ONP works with Chicago’s major children’s hospitals, providing a day of fun and fantasy for families who have a child battling a life threatening illness by hosting a fantasy trip to the North Pole. The magical experience includes, breakfast, a festive train ride to the North Pole, a visit with Santa, winter wonderland fun, entertainment, treats, personal wish list gifts, and much more! It’s ONP’s goal to provide these families an unforgettable experience amidst very challenging times.
Kato USA has partnered with Operation North Pole to bring this special Christmas Train – a replica of the real life Christmas Train that was operated in 2016 to life as a means to support ONP’s goal of spreading the magic of the holidays. To that end a portion of the proceeds from every sale of an Operation North Pole Christmas Train Set goes towards this charitable venture to help fund the chartering of this yearly train!
This Real-world Christmas train will be arriving around in late October 2017 – just in time to make its way under (or around!) your Christmas tree, and to spread the message of joy and hope that Operation North Pole embodies!
About the Model Train Set:
- The F40PH locomotive uses a sophisticated lightpiping and LED system to give it directional headlight and taillight functions on the front of the locomotive for push/pull operation.
- All cars are DCC friendly, with FR11 decoders available for optional 11-211/212 Version 2 Interior Lighting Kits with LED.
- Bi-Level cab coaches feature directional lighting for push-pull operation, with alternate illuminating headlight and taillights with an on/off switch for mid-train operation. An optional FL12 decoder can be installed in the place of the slider switch to provide DCC control over the directional lighting.
- Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels on all Bi-level cars with all-wheel electrical pickup.
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K5D7
- F40PH Locomotive Chicago Metra #133 w/ ONP Wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6054 w/ “Lifesource” Wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6050 w/ “Rosemont” Wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Cab-Coach Chicago Metra #8515 w/ “Allstate Arena” Wrapping
*Set Does Not Include a Track or a Power Pack. Kato Offers a Basic N Scale Oval Track Set that Includes a Power Pack:
Kato Item 20-850-1 N Gauge Unitrack Basic Oval with Power Pack
CLICK HERE to get the Kato FL12 Tail Light Controller Decoder, 29-352, to switch between red and white on your end car using your DCC system.
You can also learn more about their amazing efforts by visiting www.operationnorthpole.org