Kato’s smooth running SD40-2 Mid Production locomotive with TCS’ incredible WOWDiesel sound decoder installed by the DCC experts here at Tony’s.
- All handrails and grab irons are factory installed, making the model ready to go out of the box
- Locomotive features directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated, preprinted numberboards
- Operating ditch lights
- The new BNSF “Swoosh” or “Wedge” paintscheme is remeniscent of the older Heritage schemes, while still having a modern feel with the orange-on-black coloration and stylized new logo. BNSF #6742 is a recent repaint, with an ex-santa fe lineage, thus having the “comfort cab” with the roof mounted Air Conditioner, nose headlights, and rear mounted airhorn
Sound & DCC Features:
- 1.3 Amp Continuous /2.0 Amp Peak
- True CD Quality Audio
- Calibrated Load-Based Notching
- Back EMF Load Compensation
- Decoder set to EMD 645 prime mover, as is prototypical for the SD40-2
- 30+ different bells and 30+ horns to choose from
- TCS’s Audio AssistTM (Patent Pending), With Audio AssistTM the decoder comes alive and talks you through configuring sounds and lights.
- 2 TDS SuperSonic Mini Speakers and Enclosures for layout filling sound