This C44-9W is currently available from Kato. If we do not show one in stock we can still have this to you in about 8-10 days from receipt of your order. You will not be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship to you!
Kato HO GE C44-9W with ESU LokSound DCC
Union Pacific #9632
Kato Item #: 37-6632-LS
- Factory Installed Dual Mode DC/DCC ESU Loksound Decoder
- Great for pulling our Gunderson MAXI-IV double stack well cars
- Precisely engineered weight distribution for more pulling power on steep grades and long trains
- Lighted ditch lights in the high mount position for SP and UP (ex-SP) units
- Prototypical Late Hi-Adhesion trucks
The headliner of GE’s 1993 freight locomotive line was the 6 motor, 4400hp C44-9W “Dash 9.” Slightly longer than its predecessors at 73 feet, 2 inches, the C44-9W used a new HiAd, bolsterless low-weight truck that was designed for better grip on the rails no matter the weather. A split cooling system lowered engine temperatures and fuel consumption as well, granting these locomotives a longer operation life and lower overhead costs.