This SD40-2 is currently available from Kato. If we do not show one in stock we can still have this to you in about 8-10 days from receipt of your order. You will not be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship to you!
Kato HO EMD SD40-2 with Mid-Nose Headlight, with ESU LokSound DCC
Sante Fe (ATSF) #5072
Kato Item #: 37-6616-LS
The Kato HO SD40-2 Mid-Production features functioning ditch lights which can be switched between alternating (flashing) and steady lighting modes on-the-fly. You can toggle the alternating ditch lights as the locomotive approaches urban areas or road crossings on your layout, or elect simply to run them all the time, however you’d like to enjoy it.
- Factory Installed ESU LokSound DCC
- All handrails and grab irons are factory installed, making the model ready to go out of the box
- Functional ditch lights that can be switched between alternating and steady modes on-the-fly
- Great for pulling our Gunderson MAXI-IV double stack well cars
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted numberboards
- Sound friendly construction with a speaker housing in the fuel tank
- Ditch lights can be synchronized with horn or bell functions with the installation of an 8-pin sound decoder
As a prototype, the SD40-2 was the most popular second-generation diesel with sales of over 3000 in the U.S. and more than 700 in Canada. There were many variations of this popular diesel because of the long production run.