This F4oPH is currently available from Kato. If we do not show one in stock we can still have this to you in about 8-10 days from receipt of your order. You will not be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship to you!
Kato HO EMD F40PH, DC
Chicago METRA with Ditch Lights, #163 “City of Elmhurst”
Kato Item #: 37-6573
Perfectly suited to pull Kato’s Superliners or Bi-Level commuter cars
- Directional headlights
- Operating Ditch Lights
- DCC and Sound friendly with 8 pin plug and 1.1″ (28mm) speaker opening
- Illuminated, pre-printed numberboards
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- All wheel electrical pickup from scale 42″ blackened metal wheels
- Detail specific to each railroad, including ditch lights, cab air conditioners, fan height, headlight arrangement, pilot, rear platform, and cab roof arrangement
- Available Kato-Direct with DCC and Sound installed
The EMD F40PH is synonymous with the Amtrak era of American passenger trains. Although it has been retired from Amtrak service, it operated for over 20 years. It continues to be the motive power for commuter railroads all over the United States, including the Chicago Metra. Over 400 F40PH locomotives have been manufactured by EMD in various configurations.