This SD90MAC is currently available from Kato. If we do not show one in stock we can still have this to you in about 8-10 days from receipt of your order. You will not be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship to you!
Kato HO EMD SD90/43MAC DC,
San Luis & Rio Grande (SLRG) #116
Kato Item #: 37-6391
- DCC Friendly mechanism with a standard 8-pin plug for easy decoder installation.
- Directional headlights and lighted ditch lights
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- Roadname specific headlight placement and truck type
- All wheel electrical pickup from scale 42″ blackened metal wheels
- Comes with a number of consumer applied detail parts such as individually molded windshield wipers, MU hoses, and grab irons.
Weighing in at more than 400,000 pounds and with a length in excess of 80 feet and massive 4,300 horsepower tractive effort, the SD90/43MAC is one of the heaviest, longest, and most powerful single diesel locomotive in the world. To date, there have been three production “versions” of the SD90MAC. The SD90/43MAC was originally designed with a 6,000hp engine in mind, but was fitted with a smaller and more reliable 4,300hp engine that ended up being kept that way by most railroads, even though the option to upgrade to the higher horsepower engine was offered at a later date.