This SD80MAC is currently available from Kato. If we do not show one in stock we can still have this to you in about 8-10 days from receipt of your order. You will not be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship to you!
Kato HO Scale EMD SD80MAC w ESU LokSound DCC
CSX “Dark Future” #4592
Kato Item #: 37-6372-LS
- DCC Friendly mechanism with Factory Installed ESU Loksound DCC
- Directional headlights and lighted ditch lights
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- Roadname specific headlight placement and truck type
- All wheel electrical pickup from scale 42″ blackened metal wheels
- Comes with a number of consumer applied detail parts such as individually molded windshield wipers, MU hoses, and grab irons.
The SD80MAC series was introduced by EMD in late 1995. Conrail was the first railroad to receive the SD80MAC in early 1996, and as it would turn out, Conrail would be the only original buyer of this locomotive, even purchasing both of the demonstrator units. CSX and Norfolk Southern have since acquired these units.
The behemoth SD80MAC can generate up to 5,000 horsepower and has a maximum speed of the SD80MAC is 75 mph. It is equipped with the EMD HTCR-II radial truck that is capable of reducing the angle of wear between wheels and rail.