This GP35 is currently available from Kato. If we do not show one in stock we can still have this to you in about 8-10 days from receipt of your order. You will not be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship to you!
Kato HO Scale EMD GP35 Phase Ia w/Dynamic Brakes with ESU LokPilot DCC
Santa Fe “Dress Blue” #3301
Kato Item #: 37-3021-01
- DCC Friendly mechanism with a standard 8-pin plug for easy decoder installation.
- Dual Mode DC/DCC ESU LokPilot Decoder Installed
- Directional headlights
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- Roadname specific Dynamic Brake or Non-Dynamic Brake hatches
- All wheel electrical pickup from blackened metal wheels
- Comes with a number of consumer applied detail parts such as truck brake cylinders, MU hoses, and grab irons.
The EMD GP35 is a 4-axle diesel locomotive, manufactured between 1963 and 1965. More than 1200 locomotives were built for US, Canadian and Mexican railroads in those brief years, as many railroads were upgrading from older EMD F units or Alco locomotives. Originally designed for General Purpose (hence, GP) mainline duties, over the long lifespan of these locomotives they saw service in everything from mainline operation to switching and branchline service.
There were numerous phase variations of the GP35, each with minor spotting differences such as number and locations of hood latches and louvers, as well as differences between fuel trank frames.