Operation North Pole (ONP) is a volunteer-based public charity. ONP works with Chicago’s major children’s hospitals, providing a day of fun and fantasy for families who have a child battling a life threatening illness by hosting a fantasy trip to the North Pole. It’s ONP’s goal to provide these families an unforgettable experience amidst very challenging times.
Kato USA has partnered with Operation North Pole to bring this special Christmas Train – a replica of the 2017 Operation North Pole Christmas Train to life! This train will be packaged as a full 6-Unit Set in an elegant bookcase style packaging with a decorative sleeve that uses artwork from the train. The train itself has a striking design, with a color fade transitioning from one car to the next as each car moves one step closer to midnight on Christmas Eve!
*A portion of the proceeds from every sale of an Operation North Pole Christmas Train Set goes towards this charitable venture to help fund the chartering of this yearly train!
Learn more about Operation North Pole and their amazing efforts by visiting www.operationnorthpole.org
About the Model Train Set:
- The F40PH locomotive uses a sophisticated lightpiping and LED system to give it directional headlight and taillight functions on the front of the locomotive for push/pull operation.
- All cars are DCC friendly, with FR11 decoders available for optional 11-211/212 Version 2 Interior Lighting Kits with LED.
- Bi-Level cab coaches feature directional lighting for push-pull operation, with alternate illuminating headlight and taillights with an on/off switch for mid-train operation. An optional FL12 decoder can be installed in the place of the slider switch to provide DCC control over the directional lighting.
- Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels on all Bi-level cars with all-wheel electrical pickup.
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K5D7
- F40PH Locomotive Chicago Metra #166 w/ ONP Wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6019 w/ “Rosemont” wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6181 w/ “Allstate Arena” wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6017 w/ “Donald E. Stephens Convention Center” wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6018 w/ “Lifesource” wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Cab-Coach Chicago Metra #8436 w/ “Chicago Dogs” Wrapping
- Bookcase style packaging with a specially decorated slipcover.
*Set Does Not Include a Track or a Power Pack. Kato Offers a Basic N Scale Oval Track Set that Includes a Power Pack:
Kato Item 20-850-1 N Gauge Unitrack Basic Oval with Power Pack
CLICK HERE to get the Kato FL12 Tail Light Controller Decoder, 29-352, to switch between red and white on your end car using your DCC system.