This Excursion Train Set is currently available from Kato. If we do not show one in stock we can still have this to you in about 8-10 days from receipt of your order. You will not be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship to you!
Kato N Scale Union Pacific Excursion Train, 7-Car Set
Kato Item #: 106-086
The 7-car Excursion train consist features two brand new cars – A Power Car (A modified/rebuilt Baggage Dormitory car prototypically used for providing head end power to the trailing cars) and a UP Business car “Kenefick”, forming the head and tail of the excursion consist, which also includes notable cars like the vibrantly decorated Promontory Museum car, with its full-body American Flag wrap, and a pair of Dome cars.
- The 106-086 7-Car boxed set comes packaged in a collector’s style foam tray with removable inserts for modelers to also carry their 106-085 Water Tenders if they desire.
- Compatible with Kato 11-211 or Kato 11-212 Interior LED lighting kits for illuminating the fully detailed car interiors.
- Free rolling low profile metal wheels.
- 11″ (282mm) Minimum turning radius on ground level track, 15″ (381mm) Minimum turning radius on Viaduct track.
- All detail parts installed
CLICK HERE for the matching UP Water Tender sets
Almost no other railroad in this country has retained its historical equipment and honored its past like the Union Pacific. The preservation of its fleet speaks to the high value Union Pacific places on its heritage and its role in America’s history.
The Union Pacific prides itself on its history and retains a fleet of cars from its past to use with excursion trains – these special trains, often pulled by special locomotives such as the FEF-3 #844, allow people to experience a classic passenger train experience in a modern day setting, and often feature special cars such as the “Promontory” Museum car – a 1962 vintage baggage car which has been filled from top to bottom with interactive displays outlining the railroad’s colorful and storied history.