InterMountain HO GE C44-9W, with ESU LokPilot DCC
BNSF Heritage I #1011
Intermountain Item #497203-02
- Road Specific and Order Specific Details
- Three or Four Window Cabs or Canadian Teardrop Window Cab
- High and Low Headlights
- Early and Late Radiator Intake Grilles
- Factory installed ESU LokPilot DCC decoder capable of operating on analog DC or DCC
- DC plug available upon request.
In 1993, General Electric introduced the C44-9W locomotive, which quickly became known as the “Dash 9.” Among the railroads to order them were Santa Fe, Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Union Pacific, Chicago & North Western and Southern Pacific. These locomotives were produced in large quantities for the these and other North American railroads until the end of 2004. The C44-9W continue in service today for their original and subsequent owners with many being given a new lease on like in various rebuild programs.