InterMountain HO EMD FP7A, ESU LokSound DCC
Milwaukee Road, #90A
InterMountain Item #49950S-05
- Equipped with factory installed ESU LokSound DCC Decoders
- Sharp Painting and Lettering
- The body has finely molded detail
- Wire Grab Irons
- Etched metal screens for the roof, the fan, and the dynamic brake openings
- Kadee® metal knuckle couplers are included.
The EMD FP7 was a 1,500 horsepower (1,100 kW), B-B Dual-Service passenger and freight-hauling diesel locomotive produced between June 1949 and December 1953 by General Motors’ Electro-Motive Division and General Motors Diesel. Final assembly was at GM-EMD’s La Grange, Illinois plant, excepting locomotives destined for Canada, in which case final assembly was at GMD’s plant in London, Ontario. The FP7 was essentially EMD’s F7A locomotive extended by four feet to give greater water capacity for the steam generator for heating passenger trains.