50310 CabControl Wireless Control System
- Completely wireless model railroad operation
- Ergonomic Android based remote control unit with TFT display
- Internal database capable of holding more than 16,000 locomotives with specific names and symbols
- Up to 28 functions per locomotive
- Easy to create multiple unit consists
- Capable of configuring and controlling more than 1,000 turnouts and other accessories
- Updatable with internet connection
- Runs all DCC decoder equipped locomotives
- Automatic train detection using RailComPlus*
- Integrated 7Amp Booster
ESU Mobile Controll II
- Android Operating System
- ARM CPU, 512 MB RAM, 2 GB Flash ROM
- 3.2″ TFT Display, 800×400 resolution
- Large Dial for easy speed control and direction change
- 4 user personalized buttons
- Micro USB port for software updates and battery charging
- 5-8 hours of battery life
- 3.5mm stereo headset port [mic and headphone]
- Connects to all common WLAN access points
ESU Integrated Control Unit
- CabControl creates a wireless network for over 32 wireless controllers
- Connects through LAN to provide internet connection
- USB Port for software updates and throttle charging
- DC 5.5mm/2.1mm socket for external regulated DC power supply
CabControl – The Future of Model Railroading
Smart phones with touch screens have almost completely replaced the conventional mobile phone and model train enthusiasts and manufacturers now have more options employing more powerful devices for controlling model trains. As a result, many apps have been developed and can be uploaded onto your mobile phone and used for running your trains.
This concept has one disadvantage, namely smart phones have not been designed for running model trains. Due to the lack of suitable input elements the operator is forced to spend most of the time looking at the display. The limits quickly became obvious so ESU had a look at the question of how to utilize the advantages of the smart phone technology and combine it with the needs of model railroaders.
With the new ESU CabControl DCC system you have wireless control of your locomotives, accessories and routes simply by Wi-Fi!
With the 50310 CabControl Integrated Control Unit, advanced model railroading is as simple as ever. With this new system, you have full control over your locomotives, switches and signals at the tap of a finger. The unit communicates with our Mobile Control II Wireless Controller via wireless LAN. The CabControl’s integrated 7 Amp booster allows it to power between 15-24 HO scale locomotives with sound. LokSound decoders equipped with RailComPlus® even register automatically with the system! Running trains has finally caught up with the technology of today!
ESU 50310 CabControl DCC System – Integrated Control Unit
This system was specially developed for use in North America and Australia.
* American and Australian locomotive icons (along with European Icons)
* Easy Consisting for multiple unit lash-ups using drop down menus
* Wireless walk around system making it easy to follow your train on a large layout.
* All DCC modes (14, 28, 128 speed steps) Long and short addresses
* Over 16,000 locomotives can be arranged and controlled
* Up to 28 functions per locomotive
Built-in WLAN Access Point
* Creates a unique Wifi-Network for your Mobile Control II Wireless throttles
* Supports at least 32 Mobile Control II Wireless Controllers
* Compliant with all relevant IEEE WLAN standards. Suitable for use in America and Europe
* The Cab Control features a LAN port to connect the box to your home network.
* Via the home network, the CabControl can be connected to Model RailRoad Control Software.
* For easy connection with our ESU boosters, CabControl supports ECoSlink, a high speed, CAN based bus system.
The CabControl built-in booster has so much power that, in most cases, you don’t need additional ones.
Hook up is simple with the CabControl system. All you have to do is plug the 7 A* power supply into the Cab Control box and then hook up your CabControl box to your track for track power and its ready to go! The wireless controllers automatically connect to the system via WLAN.
On occasion new features will be added to the CabControl system. Gone are the days of having to send your DCC command station back to the manufacturer for updates! When a new update becomes available it is as simple as loading this to a USB Data stick and plugging it in to the back of the system. Easy!
The CabControl System uses the ESU Mobile Control II Wireless Throttles and expansion is easy as these throttles are already available and will connect automatically to the Integrated Control Unit. The system can also be used with the ECoSBoost Boosters using the ECoSlink Terminals when more power is needed for large layouts.
CabControl – Mobile Control Throttle
Ergonomics & Functionality Combined
When you hold your CabControl Throttle in your hands for the first time you will immediately notice its excellent ergonomics. All Parts of the screen can easily be reached with one hand, and unlike a cell phone throttle, the most important functions can even be reached “without looking” giving you the ability to watch your trains and not needing to watch your throttle. This is due to the central, motorized throttle knob with end stop. With this knob you can delicately control the speed of your trains and change direction.
For activating functions simply touch the icons on the display. The display also serves for changing functions – exactly the same way as you know it from your mobile phone. Finally, two buttons each on either side serve for changing direction or triggering the most important functions. These side buttons are user editable giving you the choice of what you want to control with them.
Colorized Function Icons are displayed showing what function does what. Gone are the days of having to memorize what function button control what decoder feature.
The CabControl Throttles can control all locomotives registered in the system and supports 14, 28 or 128 speed steps. All of the important
locomotive properties such as name, a picture, function mapping as well as easily identifiable icons for function buttons will be taken from the Integrated Control Unit and will be displayed correctly.
You may switch up to 28 functions for each locomotive, which, of course, can either be momentary or continuous functions. You read that correctly! EVERY Function Button can be momentary or latching depending on your use! No more limitations on how you function map your decoders.
As standards are constantly changing and the number of DCC function buttons is increased a simple update will allow for even more!
Providing even more support to our partners in the Industry, all locomotives currently on the market back to 2010 with and ESU LokSound Select or LokSound V4.0 will be automatically recognized by the CabControl system! Finally you’ll be able to utilize ESU Decoder features that have been there all along!
Over 1000 accessories can also be accessed by the CabControl throttle. Integration of other ESU accessories like SwitchPilots are recommended as the built-in RailCom will add to the enjoyment.
More Fun in Operations
The high resolution (480 x 800 pixels, 280 dpi), backlit TFT display of the CabControl Throttle always keeps you up to date on the most important operating parameters. Furthermore, you can see if another operator controls a certain locomotive or if an emergency stop has been triggered. The permanently installed, powerful Lithium polymer rechargeable battery will serve you right through the most extensive operating sessions giving 5-8 hours of operation based on how you are using your throttles. Recharge the batteries of your CabControl simply by using the USB port on the Integrated Control Unit and the supplied Micro USB Cable or the battery charger of your mobile phone or any other USB port.
The CabControl Throttles are based on the Android operating system. We have created a powerful basis for this open, globally used operating system: The ARM® Cortex® A8 microprocessor clocked with 1.3 GHz and controls a high resolution 3.2 inch TFT color display. A capacitive touch screen assures touch-free data entry. For communicating with the “outside world” there is an USB port and a WLAN interface. Thanks to the standardized radio control interface, trouble free operation of your layout can be assured at any time. The range can be extended with WLAN repeaters, if necessary.