The PR3 Xtra lets SoundFX users download new Project sound files and even reflash the sound decoder’s firmware for latest updates.
It also acts as a computer interface and LocoNet Translator for your PC.
The PR3 Xtra is the most economical computer Interface we offer, it has all the functionality of a PR2 and a MS100 combined in one.
It functions on the USB 2.0 interface making it easier to connect and more friendly to newer PCs.
PR3 Xtra Features
- Multifunction USB 2.0 PC connectivity for your railroad
- Digitrax SoundLoader compatible. Programs Digitrax sound projects in to SFX decoders
- Programs CVs for most DCC decoders
- LocoNet MS100 mode with Fully Buffered Input and Output data
- Runs on Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 7, and 8
- Runs on Mac OS with JMRI
- No external power needed for MS100 mode
- For Stand Alone Programming Mode the included external power supply is required
- Automatic configuration. No jumpers or switches required. Configurations can be set by software or manually
- Selectable LocoNet termination. For standalone operation without a Command Station
- LED status indicator lights
- Small, convenient package
- Firmware updates available on this page
- Meets FCC Class B requirements
Using the PR3 Xtra Programmer and SoundLoader software:
- You can substitute different .wav files into a sound project file (.spj) or you can start from scratch and build your own sound project.
- You can download sound projects from the Digitrax Sound Depot web sitewww.digitrax.com/sounddepot
- You can upload sound projects you have created to share with others, too!
- We encourage sound project file sharing among hobbyists
- You can download a sound project into your Digitrax SoundFX decoder equipped locomotive
- You can try out sound projects downloaded to your locomotives on the programming track without having to run it around the layout
Digitrax PR3 Xtra Programmer comes with:
- PR3 Xtra
- Instruction sheet
- USB Cable
- PS14 power supply
In addition, you’ll need:
- A Computer running Windows/Mac OS with SoundLoader or equivalent program running
- An isolated programming track section