This version is set up for use with Tortoise AND snap coil switch machines such as Peco, Atlas, Kato & more.
You can also choose this version equipped with a direct interface to LocoNet.
*Tortoise Connectors (tortconns) are not included.
The Jack Wabbit™ is a Quad version of our popular Hare and Wabbit, Intelligent Accessory Decoders. This decoder has four fully functional intelligent decoders on one printed circuit board. The four decoders operate independently and each one has all of the advanced features and much more, compared to the Hare and Wabbits. The Jack Wabbit is compatible with all types of turn-out motors, including stall motors, snap coils, and many others!
Jack Wabbit Quad: 4 Outputs in one Stationary Decoder:
- Auto Throw™ Automatically throws points when a train is approaching against the points!
- Auto Throw™ Timer: Provides for timing the auto throw function to prevent two trains from colliding.
- Auto Return™: Automatically returns the points after a preset interval for any/all operational events.
- Smart Route™ Sets up to 13 routes by simple address programming in addition to the primary address.
- Dispatcher Over-Ride™: Allows the Dispatcher to lock out any or all other switch commands.
- Lock Block Protection™: Overrides the Jack Wabbit’s operation if a designated block is occupied.
- Locked Route Control™: Provides for only one route direction response for a Throw or Clear command.
- Smart Default Ops™:Programmed power up response to either power off position, throw, or clear.
- Operate Switch Signals or Panel LED Indicators by direct LED connections.
- Manual Pushbutton or Toggle Switch: Allows button or toggle switch manual control of the points.
- DCC Reset: CV 63=42, Sets Any or All Addresses and CVs to original factory default values.
- Decoder Reset By Jumper: Jumper selection resets entire Jack Wabbit to factory default Address and CV’s.
- Direct Current Ops: The JACK WABBIT will operate on DC using the Manual Push Button Control Option.
- Semaphore/Gate Ops: Uses a stall motor and Auto Throw for triggered control of a semaphore or crossing.
- Automates Reverse Loop Turnouts. Using Auto Throw feature.
- Feed Back, Turnout Position Reporting to: Digitrax (LocoNet), Lenz (ExpressNet) and NCE (Cab Bus)
If a Jack Wabbit is going to be used with snap coils, we add a capacitor to the board to provide extra energy to operate the coils. In this version, the Jack Wabbit will operate snap coil OR stall motor machine on an output by output basis. You set a CV for the snap coil outputs so the Jack Wabbit knows which is a snap or stall motor. There is a high energy version of the Jack Wabbit. If you order this version, we change the power supply to double the voltage to the snap coils. This version is designed for machines like the NJI snap coils which take a lot of energy to operate and this configuration can only be used with snap coil switches.
If you are not using LocoNet, then order the version without LocoNet. All versions have discrete outputs which define the position of each switch output. These are designed for use with the NCE AIU. The AIU allows you to interface discrete inputs to the NCE cab bus. Unlike Digitrax, the NCE sytem does not have the ability to display switch position on the throttle other than to report the last movement. There are no throttle messages that allow the reporting of discretes on the throttle. Digitrax has specific LocoNet messages that report switch position on the throttle. Just to be clear, the Jack Wabbit operates on DCC packets when used with NCE. The Jack Wabbit operates on DCC packets AND/OR LocoNet instructions when used with Digitrax. The Jack Wabbit is designed to allow you to run your layout on NCE, and report switch position via LocoNet [DCS100/Command Station] to a Digitrax throttle or control software. Some folks really like the quality and design of NCE, but still want the feedback features found in Digitrax. As a note, with the dual setup, you can run your switches with either the NCE throttle via DCC packets, OR, the Digitrax throttle via LocoNet commands.