This product has been replaced by the Single 3/5/8 Amp AutoReversing DCC Booster (DB210) and is no longer available. Click here to view the DB210.
DB150 5 Amp AutoReversing DCC Command Station/Booster makes your layout more fun to run more trains, manage short circuit shutdowns and add automatic reversing.
The DB150 is the base command station/booster for the Super Empire Builder Xtra sets and is also available separately an add on.
Great for upgrading your basic LocoNet system.
DB150 Command Station / Booster:
- Full LocoNet Capabilities for easy plug ‘n play installation and system expansion
- Run up to 22 locos and 22 throttles in command station mode.
- Provides additional power to run more trains in booster mode.
- Can be used as an Intelligent Auto Reversing Booster
- Use with any LocoNet throttle
- Built in broadcast write only programmer
- Built in 5 Amp Digital Command Control Booster Rated at 80VA.
- Many command station options are user customizable.
- Auto resetting over temperature & short circuit protection.
- User selectable multi-scale operation for N, HO, and large-scale layouts
- Track Status indicator shows voltage and signal type (DCC or “Zero Stretch” Analog Signal for conventional operation.)
- Stabilized Track Drive Output.
- Over Voltage Protected.
- Sync output configures DB150 Operating Mode & connects the DB150 to expansion boosters
- High impedance balanced or unbalanced signal input receivers on the LocoNet Interface allow boosting of several different types of command control signals.
- Auto shutdown if command control drive signal is lost so that the layout will not convert to DC operation if a cable or connection is broken. The trains won’t just “take-off” if they are not getting the DCC signal.
- Complies with FCC Part 15, Class B RFI Requirements.
- DCC Compatible.
Note: Accepts either 50/60 Hz AC or DC input from power supply (sold separately). Recommended power supply: Digitrax PS514 or equivalent. Maximum input 22 volts AC or 28 volts DC Minimum input 12 volts AC or 12 volts DC.
Technical Note About DCC Booster Output Ratings: Digitrax boosters have maximum output current limits of either 5 or 8 amps. The actual continuous output current that your booster will provide to the layout depends on several factors including the input supply voltage, the ambient room temperature and air flow over the booster’s heat sink. Higher input voltages increase the amount of heat that must be dissipated by the booster’s heat sink. If the heat sink does not get enough air flow to allow for heat dissipation, the booster will eventually reach an over temperature state and shut down. A small fan blowing across the heat sink on your booster will increase the maximum sustained current output capacity of your booster.
Each DCC company specifies the output capacity of its boosters according to their own internal standards. Tests designed and performed by several model railroaders have shown wide variations in the actual output capacity of DCC boosters. In most cases the tests were designed to overload boosters and cause them to shut down. The conclusion based on these tests is that each manufacturer uses a different way of determining booster output capacity, Digitrax tends to be more conservative in stating booster output ratings. The factor that is most important for achieving maximum output capacity is the booster’s heat sinking ability. In these tests, Digitrax boosters have demonstrated excellent heat sinking capabilities and the ability to consistently output the advertised 5 or 8 amps when appropriate fans are added in high temperature situations.