This SP Cab Forward 4-8-8-2 AC5 is expected from BLI in Late Summer of 2016. If you put your pre-order in now, you will NOT be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship it to you!
Broadway Limited Imports HO SP Cab Forward 4-8-8-2 AC5 w Paragon 3 Sound & DCC, #4119 w Gray Boiler, “SOUTHERN PACIFIC LINES”
BLI Item #4525
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
*Minimum Operating Radius: 22 in or greater
In the 1920’s, the Southern Pacific had a need for powerful locomotives, but found that the new articulated 2-8-8-2’s did not work well for them. They were a hazard to the crews when traveling through the long tunnels and snow sheds on their system. The exhaust fumes were capable of blinding and suffocating crew members, so to resolve this problem, the Southern Pacific decided to run in reverse. The next articulated engines from Baldwin were built with the cabs in the forward position. The SP went on to build many classes of these “Cab-Forwards”. Broadway Limited Imports has modeled classes AC4 and AC5. Models are available in black and also with the gray boiler. The AC4 and AC5 models are identical in detail. Broadway Limited has modeled these Cab-Forwards before, but these are the first ones available with BLI’s state-of-the-art Paragon3 with Rolling Thunder sound and control system. Please continue reading below for a list of model features.