BLI-4478, HO N&W Class A 2-6-6-4, Paragon3 Sound/DC/DCC, #1232
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System featuring Rolling Thunder with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 22 in or greater
Background On The Powerful N&W Class A
According to the men who knew and operated them, the N&W Class A’s were the finest steam engines ever built. Four groups were erected between 1936 and 1950, with some improvements in each group – our models will be patterned after two groups. A group of 25 locomotives which were built in 1943 and 1944. The group was numbered from #1210 to #1234 and #1218 is the lone survivor today. We are also offering models of a modification made to a few of the Class As. In this production, we are offering #1238, #1240, and #1242.
Class A #1218 is currently preserved in the Virginia Transportation Museum in Roanoke, VA.