*This run of Broadway Limited Imports EMD GP20 Locomotives has been put on hold due to low pre-order numbers. They are still accepting pre-orders, but this run will probably not be produced for a couple of years.
- Paragon3 Sound & Operation System featuring Rolling ThunderTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater
It was 1959 when EMD began introducing the first of its second-gen diesels, the turbocharged GP20. Production of this popular road switcher continued through 1962 and the GP20 was built over 200 times for numerous railroads.
The GP20 was spawned from a modification Union Pacific made to a few of its GP9s. Seeking additional power output UP added turbochargers to the GP9s, boosting their HP to 2000 from 1750. This successful experiment prompted EMD to produce the GP20 with a turbocharged version of its staple 567 prime mover.
Equipped with dynamic brakes and a low, short hood, this locomotive can still be seen in operation on several short lines in the US. The SP and WP have preserved #7207 and #2001 respectively.