Broadway Limited Imports BLI-5611, HO USRA Light Pacific, Paragon3 Sound, NYC #6467
Ships in 1-2 Days if Out of Stock
5 In Stock
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System featuring Rolling ThunderTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 83 and 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater
The Pacific-type locomotive evolved as the need for power and speed increased. First, the four-wheel leading truck delivered stability at the faster speeds. Second, six tall drivers provided pulling power and speed. Last, a two-wheel trailing truck provided support for a larger firebox. The sum of this design was the 4-6-2 USRA Pacific.
The USRA designation for light and heavy locomotives was a function of the track's ability to withstand weight. Excessive axle weight could damage the rails, loosen fastenings, and also cause damage to the locomotive. The USRA deemed a maximum of 54,000 pounds per axle as a light locomotive. The USRA Light Pacific weighed in at 277,000 lbs, with a 73 inch driver diameter and a boiler pressure of 200 lb/in.
BLI's models follow the original designs closely. Railroad specific variations are not modeled on these locomotives. In most instances we offer two locomotive numbers for each railroad, and we are offering a painted model (black) with no lettering.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||369.99|
|DCC||DCC With Sound|
Write Your Own Review
Our experts are here to help!Call Us