*PLEASE NOTE! Pre-orders have already sold out at Broadway Limited Imports for these EXTREMELY LIMITED RUN locomotives. All reservations for Tony’s allotment of these locos will be filled “First Come First Served” and our allotment is going fast. Don’t Delay in placing your order! Your credit card will not be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship it to you.
Broadway Limited Imports HO Brass Hybrid C&O L-1, 4-6-4, Paragon3 Sound, Later Yellow Boiler #492
Broadway Item #BLI-4556
- Brass Locomotive Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Brass Tender Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Features BLI’s latest SOUND & Control System
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for continuous heavy load towing and smooth slow speed operation
- Powerful Hi-Torque Motor
- Synchronized Smoke with every chuff sound
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Schemes
- Prototypical Light Operation
- Operating Knuckle Couplers
- Factory Installed Engineer and Firemen Figures
- Minimum radius: 22” radius or greater recommended.
Paragon3 Sound & DCC Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Auto Pilot (ATS) – Records and plays back sound and movement sequences for automated operation. (Macro Operation)
- 16-bit Sample Rate for exceptional high frequency sound clarity
- Playable Whistle for multiple whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Whistles / Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotives with air horn and steam whistle – both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Passenger Station Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Freight Yard Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Lumber Yard Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Maintenance Yard Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- Simple Programming with Integral DCC Decoder
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal – When activated, stopping triggers a stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped position, toots twice. When moving in reverse, toots three times.
- Engine sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
- EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings
In 1946, the C&O took five of its Class F-19 Pacific 4-6-2 locomotives and converted them into
Class L-1 4-6-4 Hudsons. This rework was done in the Huntington Shops and was completed in 1947.
All but one of the new L-1s were covered with a streamlined stainless steel cowl which was painted
yellow and silver. The tenders were cased in fluted stainless steel and tapered at the top so they
would blend exactly with the new Budd passenger cars. The “yellowbellies” as they were called by
C&O crews were numbered 490 through 494 (number 494 did not have a cowl applied). Only
engine 490 survives today and is on display at the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore, MD.