Broadway Limited Imports HO 2-8-0 Consolidation w Paragon3 Sound & DCC
Bessemer & Lake Erie #126
BLI Item #4311
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System Featuring Rolling ThunderTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: Die Cast Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater
Known as a highly efficient replacement for the 2-6-0 Mogul- it could move trains twice as heavy at a fraction of the cost – the 2-8-0 Consolidation was a mainstay on railroads all over the world.
Although only a handful of railroads bought Consolidations when Baldwin first introduced them, substantial credence was given to the design when the Pennsy made it their staple freight hauler in 1875. Over 33,000 2-8-0 locomotives were built in the US. 12,000 of them were exported. That left 21,000 of these classic steamers to do their work Stateside.
Broadway Limited is pleased to bring this encore run of Consolidations painted for many of the classic railroads in US History. Its compact wheel base and die cast construction makes this a real treat for steam enthusiasts who seek a high quality model with cutting edge detail and design that will run on smaller radius curves.