Broadway Limited Imports HO Baldwin Sharknose B-Unit, w Paragon3 Sound & DCC
Pennsylvania #2012B, DGLE w/ Single Stripe
(A unit is powered while the B unit is an unpowered dummy)
Broadway Item #BLI-4143
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System Featuring ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer/Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater
Baldwin’s RF-16 Sharknose diesels distinctive contours were inspired by Pennsy’s T1 class steam locomotive and certainly appear related to the GG1. Known as excellent luggers, the Sharks saw service hauling heavy ore and coal drags.
The RF-16 Shark beat the F7 with 100 additional horsepower and tied the FA2 with 1600 horsepower.
Contrary to many reports, Baldwin diesels could be run in MU operation with diesels built by other makers if the units were ordered with the proper MU equipment from the Baldwin catalog.
There are two surviving Sharks owned by the Escanaba and Lake Superior Railroad.
DID YOU KNOW? Not even the most expensive of brass models have accurately modeled the Sharknoses unique front end profile. BLIs Sharknose is properly modeled with the correct front end profile – an industry first.