This BLI ES44AC is expected in the Winter of 2016/2017. If you put your pre-order in now, you will NOT be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship it to you!
Broadway Limited Imports HO GE ES44AC with Paragon3 Sound & DCC
Unpainted, NS Type
BLI Item #2822
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System featuring Rolling ThunderTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Variable Load-Based Smoke Output
- Locomotive Composition: ABS body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater
Broadway Limited is excited to release its most modern diesel locomotive ever — The GE ES44AC. The “Evolution Series 4400HP DC Traction” locomotive is part of GE Transportation Systems line of diesel locomotives that were built to meet the EPAs 2005 Tier 2 locomotive emissions standards.
All Evolution Series locomotives delivered to the North American market are six axle locomotives equipped with Nathan-Airchime K5HL-R2 “Evolution” airhorns.
The GE ES44AC is still in use today serving the entire nation through a variety of hauling tasks including traffic resulting from the Ethanol mandate. CSX has some 200 units on or coming onto its roster, while Iowa Interstate ordered 14 units. Norfolk Southern purchased 24 units, receiving the first of its allotment in 2008.
This spectacularly detailed modern diesel will come equipped with our cutting edge Paragon3 Sound and control system and will feature variable load-based smoke output — yet another way that Broadway Limited leads the pack in model railroading technology.