This HO Baldwin Centipede is expected in the Winter of 2016/2017. If you put your pre-order in now, you will NOT be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship it to you!
Broadway Limited Imports HO Baldwin Centipede with Paragon3 Sound & DCC
Ndem As-Delivered Scheme #6401
BLI Item #2506
- Paragon3 Sound & Operation System Featuring Rolling ThunderTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 22 in or greater
Baldwin produced the famous “Centipede” diesel locomotives during 1945-48, and sold them to three railroads (SAL, NdM, and PRR). The Centipedes were very large, 91 1/2 feet long, for single units as operated on SAL and NdM, and 183 feet long for semi-permanently coupled pairs as operated on the PRR. Each unit contained two 1500 horsepower diesel motors, so a pair contained four motors and totaled 6000 horsepower. Centipedes were heavy, totaling 1,200,000 pounds (1.2 million) for a pair, with more than 800,000 of those pounds carried by the 16 drivers. (Some content excerpted from the WWW). These spectacular diesel locomotives are a MUST-HAVE for an Pennsy diesel modeler as well as anyone who wants to showcase unique, premium quality on his layout. Don’t miss these limited run diesel gems. Preorder today.