Bowser HO GE U25B, DC
Pittsburgh and Lake Erie #2802
Bowser Item #24541
- Ready To Run and Fully Detailed
- New Upgraded Handrails (correct for all Phases)
- New 9’4″ AAR B Trucks and Gearbox
- Metal MU Hoses, air hoses, windshield wipers, grab irons, coupler lift bars, operating headlight, window glass, can motor, flywheels, nickel silver wheels with RP25 flanges, knuckle couplers.
- Available with sound and DCC or just DC. Analog (DC) version features NMRA 21 pin plug for DCC, DCC/Sound version features LokSound Select decoder.
- Stanchion Colors used for visual purposes only to show differences
The GE U25B was General Electric’s first independent entry into the United States domestic Diesel-electric locomotive railroad market for heavy production road locomotives since 1936. From 1940 through 1953, GE participated in a design, production, and marketing consortium (Alco-GE) for diesel-electric locomotives with the American Locomotive Company. Starting in 1956 GE launched its Universal Series of diesel locomotives for the export market. The U25B was the first attempt at the domestic market since its termination of the consortium agreement with Alco.