BLI-6177 Broadway Limited Imports, HO 6000 Gallon Tank Cars, Variety Set D Early 1950s, 4-pack
Expected from BLI in March 2019
BLI-6177 Broadway Limited Imports, HO 6000 Gallon Tank Car, Variety Set D Early 1950s, 4-Pack
Includes the following car numbers: Hooker Chemicals #628(B), Penn Salt #222(A), Niagara Alkali #313(A), Wyandotte Chemicals Corp. #3604(A)
• Beautifully Detailed and Accurately Modeled
• Precision Paint, Color, and Lettering Schemes
• Many Separately Applied Details including Hand Rails, ladders, brake wheel, roof walkway
• Detailed Underbody
• Composition: ABS body, Diecast Chassis
• Wheel Composition: Metal
• Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee Compatible
• Compatible Tracks: Code 83 and 100 Rail
• Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in
Considered one of the most common early tank car designs, American Car & Foundry (ACF) Type 27 tank cars were built from the late 1920s through the 1940s. These specialized cars were almost always privately owned for revenue service because railroads only used and maintained a few for non-revenue activities like fuel.
BLI is pleased to deliver the Type 27 tank car which is the slightly elongated younger sibling of the Type 21 tank car. These insulated high pressure cars were used often in the transport of the home heating fuels propane and butane as well as anhydrous ammonia, chlorine, and methyl chloride. We are modeling the 6000 gallon car that often hauled liquid chlorine.
These meticulously appointed single chamber tank cars are offered in individually numbered cars grouped into 4-pack sets.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||139.99|