Accepting pre-orders now. These locomotives are expected sometime in 2017.
HOn3 K-27 Mikado w Tsunami2 Sound & DCC, Flying Grande Herald #456
Blackstone Models Item # B310126-S
The 2012 release of the K-27 2-8-2 Mikado includes four new configurations and liveries that evoke different eras of the Mudhen. Along with these new versions comes the second release of one of the most unique Mudhens to ply the 3-foot rails; the Rio Grande Southern No. 455 adorned with the “post-wreck” cab, snowplow, and tender as she appeared throughout the late 1940s. Rounding out this offering is the ever-popular No. 453 in the switcher configuration, complete with its one-of-a-kind doghouse mounted on the tender. This is also the first time that all versions are offered with a weathered option.
Due to the limited nature of this release, all units are offered only as sound-equipped models.
- Scale: 1:87.1
- Gauge: 36″ Narrow Gauge
- Construction: Die Cast Metal with plastic, metal and wire details
- Multiple Road Numbers and Paint Schemes
- Also Available in Painted, Unlettered Versions
- Precision Can Motor with Balanced Flywheel
- Cab Interior
- Individual Grab Irons and Hand Rails
- Piping and Valve Detail
- Operates on both DCC and DC
- 18″ Operating Radius
Sound Decoder Features
- Tsunami2 Digital Sound Decoder by SoundTraxx
- Sounds Recorded from the Prototype
- Blower and more!
- Directional, Constant Lighting
- Backup Light (where prototypically accurate)
- Maintenance-free Golden White LEDs
Click the links below to view the K-27 accessories: