Atlas HO Trainman® Plus NRE Genset II, Silver Series, DC
Atlas Item # 10 002 741
- Fine scale handrails
- NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Separately applied grab irons
- Ditch lights
- Cab roof details (air conditioners, GPS, antennae)
- MU cables
- Realistic die-cast underframes
- Equipped with AccuMate® Couplers
ANALOG (DC) OPERATION FEATURES:
- The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
- Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting
functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
- Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a DCC layout.)
The NRE Genset locomotive has been in regular production since 2006, with over 180 units produced to date. Gensets are marketed as low-emission, reduced fuel consumption locomotives and tend to operate in metropolitan areas where air pollution is a concern. Power for these locomotives is generated by 2 or 3 independent diesel engines which produce 700 hp each. These engines engage and disengage as more or less horsepower is required.
This model includes all new body tooling and represents the next phase of NRE Genset production, unofficially referred to as the “Genset II”. The primary spotting feature is a redesigned long hood which is now includes a provision for dynamic brakes. The low nose is now noticeably shorter, due to the cab being positioned farther forward on the frame.