Atlas N Scale ALCo S-2, Gold w ESU LokSound DCC
Atlas Item # 40 002 921
- Scaled from actual prototype measurements
- Option for horizontal or vertical radiator shutters
- Fine scale handrails
- Separately-applied coupler cut levers, air hoses, piping, etc.
- Directional LED lighting (includes cab rear headlight)
- Die-cast hood & chassis for improved pulling performance
- Digital-ready chassis
- Dual-flywheels for maximum performance at all speeds
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Exceptional painting and printing
DCC Operation Features :
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of 4 DCC function outputs are available
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Sound Functionality Features:
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.
Built by the American Locomotive Company (Alco) the low-hood S-2 was introduced in 1940 to replace Alco’s earlier high-hood switchers. The 1000 horsepower S-2 was a turbocharged version of the S-1. There were 1,502 S-2s sold to North American Railroads. The versatility of the S-2s was evidenced by their service on mainline, shortline and industrial railroads.