Atlas HO Alco S-2, Gold- w/ESU LokSound DCC
Southern Pacific “Tiger Stripes” #1356
Atlas Item # 10 002 466
- NMRA 8-Pin Socket for DCC (Silver Series Model)
- Redesigned & retooled hood, cab & chassis
- The first plastic HO-scale model of an S-2 Locomotive to include accurate body panel details
- Option for horizontal or vertical radiator shutters
- Fine scale handrails
- Separately-applied grab irons, coupler cut levers, air hoses, piping, etc.
- Redesigned truck frames with separately applied detail
- Directional LED lighting (includes cab rear headlight)
- Die-cast chassis for improved pulling performance
- Chassis retooled for optional DCC/sound
- 5-pole skewed armature motor for reliable operation
- Dual-flywheels for maximum performance at all speeds
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate knuckle couplers
- Exceptional painting and printing
DCC Operation Features:
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of six DCC function outputs are available
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Analog (DC) Operation Features:
- The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
- Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series S-2 locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
- Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive (such as the Atlas Gold Series S-2) CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not
also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a DCC layout.)
Sound Functionality Features:
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.
Built by the American Locomotive Company (Alco) the low-hood S-2 was introduced in 1940 to replace Alco’s earlier high-hood switchers. The 1000 horsepower S-2 was a turbocharged version of the S-1. There were 1,502 S-2s sold to North American Railroads. The versatility of the S-2s was evidenced by their service on class 1 shortline and industrial railroads. Atlas’ version is back in service, with new tooling, as well as a sound-equipped version for modeler enjoyment.