This undecorated ALCo RS-1 is expected from Atlas in late June. If you place your pre-order now, you will NOT be charged until the locomotive has come in and we are ready to ship it to you.
The RS-1 was introduced by ALCO in March of 1941 with the delivery of the first of two units to the Rock Island. Combining the accessibility of a switching locomotive and the higher-speed tracking of a road unit, the RS-1 started a revolution in locomotive design that was soon embraced by all of the major diesel-electric builders. Despite ALCO’s own introduction of higher horsepower roadswitchers, the 1,000 h.p. RS-1 had a production span of 19 years (1941-1960) with 623 units.
- Retooled die-cast metal chassis and fine scale handrails
Golden White LEDs
- Separately-applied wire grab irons, coupler cut bars, trainline hoses and lift rings
- Accurate painting and printing
- AccuMate® couplers
- Realistic die-cast mainframe
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual-flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Directional lighting
Note: Undecorated version comes with both friction bearing and roller bearing truck sideframes