This locomotive is now sold out and unavailable.
The spectacular Genesis 4-8-8-4 Big Boy, like the 4-6-6-4 Challenger before it, is the culmination of design and tooling, integrating the latest innovations in electronic technology. The Big Boy model has been developed from the outset as the finest operating miniature representation of the prototype available.
UP #4014 is currently undergoing restoration at the Cheyenne Wyoming shops of the Union Pacific Railroad. They are converting it’s coal tender to oil, and it will be joining UP 4-8-4 #844 in excursion service on their mainline when the restoration is complete.
Giving life to all the details are authentic sounds that are channeled through a factory installed DCC and soundboard with speakers. The DCC decoder automatically senses what type of power supply is in use (conventional DC or NMRA compliant DCC) and adapts its functions. The modeler doesn’t have to do a thing.
- Equipped with either a coal tender or an oil tender per prototype.
- Boiler backhead with full details and printed gauges
- Individually applied detail parts such as piping, valves, generators, etc.
- Blackened metal RP25 wheels
- Eccentric cranks operating on both sides in correct direction
- Front and rear engines (cylinders and coupled drive wheel sets), both pivot for 22″ recommended minimum radius
- Pilot has open/closed positions
- Coupler pocket can be inserted to mount coupler
- Adjustable cab windows and opening doors
- Headlights and tender lighting feature directional light change; number boards are also lighted
- Five-pole, skewed armature motor with two flywheels for very smooth running
- Cab hatches can be either closed or open
- See-through running boards
- Ready for aftermarket smoke unit installation with no soldering needed
- Specifically designed to accept one or two Suethe #9 or #10 smoke generators
- Factory installed DCC sound board and speaker; the board and speaker are mounted in the tender
- DCC decoder automatically senses the power supply type (either DC or NMRA compliant DCC system)
|WHEEL CONFIGURATION:||Big Boy 4-8-8-4|
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|