This locomotive is sold out and no longer available.
The spectacular Genesis 4-8-8-4 Big Boy, like the 4-6-6-4 Challenger before it, is the culmination of design and tooling, integrating the latest innovations in electronic technology. The Big Boy model has been developed from the outset as the finest operating miniature representation of the prototype available.
This specific 4-8-8-4 model is UP #4014 equipped with the oil tender. It is a DC engine, ready for you to install your own DCC or Sound decoder if you like.
- Equipped with either a coal tender or an oil tender per prototype.
- Boiler backhead with full details and printed gauges
- Individually applied detail parts such as piping, valves, generators, etc.
- Blackened metal RP25 wheels
- Eccentric cranks operating on both sides in correct direction
- Front and rear engines (cylinders and coupled drive wheel sets), both pivot for 22″ recommended minimum radius
- Pilot has open/closed positions
- Coupler pocket can be inserted to mount coupler
- Adjustable cab windows and opening doors
- Headlights and tender lighting feature directional light change; number boards are also lighted
- Five-pole, skewed armature motor with two flywheels for very smooth running
- Cab hatches can be either closed or open
- See-through running boards
- Ready for aftermarket smoke unit installation with no soldering needed
- Specifically designed to accept one or two Suethe #9 or #10 smoke generators
|WHEEL CONFIGURATION:||Big Boy 4-8-8-4|
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|