D&RGW #3805 with a Coal Tender is currently available from Athearn. If we do not show one in stock we can still have this to you in about 8-10 days from when we receive your order. You will NOT be charged until it has come in and we are ready to ship it to you!
This stunning reproduction of the 4-6-6-4 Challenger is the result of a focused determination to accomplish one thing: create the finest operating miniature representation of the prototype available. To say Athearn has succeeded would be an understatement. Giving life to all the details are authentic sounds that are channeled through a factory installed DCC and soundboard with speakers. The DCC decoder automatically senses what type of power supply is in use (conventional DC or NMRA compliant DCC) and adapts its functions. The modeler doesn’t have to do a thing. The Genesis 4-6-6-4 Challenger includes a history book and instruction book for quick reference.
- Boiler backhead with printed manual controls
- Individually applied piping, valves, generators, etc.
- Correctly operating eccentric cranks
- Adjustable cab windows
- Headlights and number boards with directional light change
- Tender light • Genesis Five pole, skewed armature motor with two flywheels
- Pivoting front and rear engines for negotiating 18″ radius curves
- Current pick-up on all driver and tender wheels
- 8-pin connector plug between loco and tender
- McHenry operating knuckle couplers installed
Road Number Specific Details
- Open Cab
- No Smoke Lifters
- White Wheel Tire
- Black Journals
- Coal burning version